Sunday, April 19, 2009

Shoes Off Please!

When we moved into our first home we made a rule that everyone should take off their shoes. The main reason was that we had new light cream carpet in our living room that would get trashed if we didn't remove our shoes. Ever since then, we have maintained that rule, mainly because the houses have been brand new and we wanted them to stay looking 'new.' Recently it seems that we have been slacking in this area, including me. When guests come to visit I even tell them they don't have to take their shoes off. Well, after reading this article I have again decided to re-enforce the Shoes Off Please! rule! The reason I enacted the rule to begin with was to alleviate some cleaning but now it is because of health reasons AND cleaning. The article talks about dog paws but I am sorry, I can't get rid of my pets!

No comments: